Request a grant
体育投注网盘口Principal Foundation is focused on helping people learn more, earn more, and save more.
Our Community Grant Program primarily invests in work that promotes financial security, with an emphasis on serving youth ages 15 to 24 and historically disadvantaged communities. All grant programs are invitation-only. We prioritize funding for partners systemically addressing our priority areas.
By partnering with community organizations and social enterprises where our employees live and work, we can come together to help individuals live their best lives.
Our funding priorities are rooted in our business’s values. We believe a stronger future begins when we collaborate towards a common goal.
How to apply
Applications for the Community Grant Program and Major Gifts are extended on an invitation-only basis. We do meet with prospective partners that strongly align to our funding priorities.
Before you contact the Foundation, please refer to our to determine whether your organization might be competitive for a grant.
Communities we support
Our grants are focused on specific goals and geographic areas.
- Appleton, Wisconsin
- Cedar Falls, Iowa
- Des Moines, Iowa
- Folsom, California
- Grand Island, Nebraska
- Mason City, Iowa
- Ottumwa, Iowa
- Raleigh, North Carolina
- Spokane, Washington
- Washington, D.C.
- Wilmington, Delaware
- Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Beijing and Hong Kong, China
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- London, England
- Mexico City and Monterrey, Mexico
- Mumbai and Pune, India
- Munich, Germany
- Santiago, Chile
- São Paulo, Brazil
- Sydney, Australia
- Tokyo, Japan
- Zurich, Switzerland
Focus areas & application deadlines
Financial security grants
Financial security grants make up the majority our overall investments. We fund organizations and programs focused on:
- Professional skill-building and job training
- Access to savings, credit-building, and financial coaching
- Increase in savings due to resource-building
Talent-focused education grants
Talent-focused education investments include K-12 educational organizations that provide Principal® business-related STEM programming. We also partner with select colleges, universities, and other higher education programs to continue driving business talent development.
Strong communities grants
体育投注网盘口We support partner organizations that provide arts, cultural, and/or recreational activities at a free or near-free cost to children and families, especially for individuals who otherwise would not have access to that type of programming.
体育投注网盘口These are the application due dates for all US candidates. Late applications are not accepted.
Financial security: March 15
K-12 talent-focused education: June 15
Higher education talent-focused education: March 15, June 15
Strong communities: June 15
Major gifts: March 15, June 15, and September 15
If your programming doesn’t align to our grantmaking priorities, tapping into our in-kind giving program or volunteer engagement might be a better fit.
Principal Charity Classic
We also recommend Iowa-based K-12 organizations explore the program connected to the Principal Charity Classic. The Principal Charity Classic is an annual and award-winning PGA TOUR Champions event dedicated to investing in the future of Iowa kids. The tournament’s giving now exceeds $17.7 million since 2007.
Match giving and volunteerism
体育投注网盘口Principal Foundation encourages our employees to engage with the community. Our match giving programs support volunteerism and promote philanthropy. Eligible employees access and record these opportunities on the .
Dollars for Givers
- United Way: Our signature partnership with United Way is at the center of our employee match giving program. We amplify employee, retiree, and agent charitable contributions with an equal match to their local United Way.
- Board Service Matching: Principal employees who serve on the board of a non-profit organization can apply for an annual direct match of donations to that organization, up to $1,500 annually
Dollars for Doers
Direct funds to organizations where our employees volunteer:
- Individual Volunteer Grants: When employees volunteer over 25 hours with a single organization in a calendar year, they become eligible for mini grants—up to a $1,000 annually per employee.
- Team Volunteer Grants: Teams of 5 or more Principal employees volunteering together for a project can qualify for mini grants to support that organization. Grants range from $500-2,000, depending on the number of employees involved.